Are you planning on selling your house?
Do you want to sell it faster?
Then, you’re in the right place!
For every kind of home buyer including bachelors who are planning their first dates, newly married couples or a family with kids, the tips in this article will help in selling your home faster.
A lot of home buyers only poke their heads in the bathroom to see what it’s like. It just takes them a few seconds to glance left and right. As such, you only have a few seconds to impress your buyers. So how would you do that? Stage the bathroom to get it ready for just a few seconds of attention.
Let’s go over the steps to getting your bathroom ready before the visit.
Get The Bathroom Ready
First things first, you have to clean. Scrub the floor and make it sparkle. You can use the trusted bleach. Now don’t forget to clean the ceilings, too.
- Remove all of the molds especially the ones in the corners.
- Replace the bulbs and make sure the fixtures and the lighting have the same watt. If one is 100-watt, the other should also be 100-watt.
- Remove your exhaust fans cover. Aside from that, don’t forget to wash and dry it too. Remove the covers of the light fixtures, also and replace them if needed.
- Outdated rugs should be a no-no. Throw out those worn out towels and mats. Replace them with new ones.
- Check your medicine cabinet for any prescription. Remove these and other personal items. You wouldn’t want your future home buyer to see these.
- Steam off the wallpaper if it is peeling. Try to paint the walls with semi-gloss light colors.
- Check your faucets and fix the ones that are leaking or dripping.
- Replace the pulls and knobs of your weathered cabinet hardware.
- The shower doors should be sparkly clean, too. Use Lime-A-Way to remove any calcium residue or soap grime.
- Take a look at your years’ old toilet and upgrade it to a smart toilet to give your bathroom a sleek and modern feel.
Shop For Supplies
When it comes to bathrooms, the more relaxing it looks, the better. Make your bathroom look like a spa and go shopping for some accessories at discount stores. You don’t have to spend a lot.
Here’s our recommended checklist for you to buy.
- Bath brushes and sea sponges
- Fluffy robe
- Glass containers with cotton balls
- Lotions, creams, shampoos or bath salts that have an antique or unusual packaging
- Ribbon and rough twine
- Satin Hanger
- Scented soaps
- Small water fountains
- Towels, washcloths, rugs
- Twigs and berries
- Wooden or bamboo trays
Stage The Bathroom
Lastly, don’t forget to stage your bathroom.
- Put a few towels on the rack
- Create displays. Use the jars and candles for this.
- Put a new rug near the shower or bathtub
- Arrange the bath products
- Add a pop of color with greeneries
And that’s it! You’re all done. Now, sit back, relax and wait for your home buyers. Once you get a buyer, you can then go on that round-the-world trip you’ve been dreaming of, or you can just move into your new house.